Monday 2 September 2013

Sergeant Jospeh Loughridge 87 Squadron Royal Air Force V.R

Sergeant Joseph Marshall Loughridge was the son of Thomas and Ellen Loughridge, of Scotch Quarter, Carrickfergus. 
Prior to the 2nd World War he worked with the Belfast Banking Company, serving in Head Office. 
Having been promoted to Sergeant (Pilot) with Service Number 1101874, he was serving with 87 Sqn Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve as a Hawker Hurricane Pilot when he was killed on 2nd September 1941. 
Loughridge is buried in Carrickfergus (Victoria) Cemetery, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland.  

Thanks to Northern Bank War Memorial for the picture below.  

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in doing some more research on my Great Grandfather William Powers. A site called Forces War Records have emailed me to tell me that they have records on him. Do you know anything about this site and is it worth the monthly fee of 8.95. I don't want to sign up if there is perhaps a better site to join. I would be grateful for any advice. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete