Saturday 26 January 2013

Captain T.S Adamson - Royal Irish Rifles

Appeal for information folks: I have found this picture of Captain T S Adamson of Whitehead, Co. Antrim. As you can see he was a Captain in the RIR and a POW at some stage during the Great War. He was also a member of County Antrim Yacht club. I have checked the census but can find no record of him, all i could find out from the 1910 Town Directory is that he worked as a commercial trader. If anyone has any information please get in touch. thanks Js.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    I am researching this family on behalf of a friend Martin Smith, and this T S Adamson is his great-grandfather. He will be so pleased to have a photograph!! The only other info I have so far is that he had a daughter called Lilian Evelyn. See http://search.fibis.org/frontis/bin/aps_detail.php?id=1442634.
    What is your interest in him?

    Thanks
    Imogen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just googled him out of interest. His name is on a cup that was presented to my great grandfather in 1922. My great grandfather won the captains day prize in Whitehead Golf Club and the inscription says it was presented by Capt T.S Adamson. I'm guessing as Captain of the Golf club! Cheers, John

    ReplyDelete