Friday 5 October 2012

First entry

As most first blog entries are rarely read I am going to keep this brief.  I have been planning to set up a blog & twitter feed for sometime giving daily information on the service men and women of Carrickfergus who served in the 1st and 2nd World Wars.  For the last 3 or so years I have been compiling a book profiling every man and women from the Borough who served in all areas of the war efforts and hope to have something published by the middle of next year.  

The Book which will be called "Carrickfergus Roll of Honour" has become an obsession of mine since I started in 2009, initially with about 250 names I was aware of the number of profiles has grown to nearly 750 with hundreds of pictures, anecdotes, press cuttings etc.  I have actually amassed so much it is unlikely I will be able to put it all into one book so I intend to use this blog for regular updates and sharing interesting stories and items that I find. 

I welcome comments on anything I put up and as always I ask that people get in touch if they have any information on relatives from Carrickfergus who served in either conflict - you can email me to carrickfergusrollofhonour@gmail.com

If you are on twitter and would like to follow us: https://twitter.com/Carrick_Heroes

Thanks for reading!

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment